Legal Service Providers

Human trafficking survivors may need various legal services. It is important survivors receive a proper screening for legal services, and work with an attorney who understands human trafficking to ensure they get all the benefits they are entitled to.

Family Law

Contact one of the following for help with child custody, child support, divorce, restraining orders, and other family court matters.

Legal Representation for Minors

Employment Rights & Harassment

Labor trafficking always has a wage theft component so it is important to talk to an employment attorney about a possible wage and hour case that you can file at the Labor Commission or in court. If you requested your pay or complained about unlawful conduct and received threats including threats of deportation or violence, you may have a retaliation claim.  If you have a claim for sexual harassment, racial harassment, disability harassment, or national origin harassment, you can file a claim with the EEOC (federal anti-discrimination agency) or DFEH (state anti-discrimination agency) or in court. It is important to speak to an employment attorney about possible remedies.

To request a training on workers’ rights or legal services, call 288-7030.  For more information about wage theft check out the Santa Clara County Wage Theft Coalition.

Housing & Public Benefits

Criminal Justice

Survivors of trafficking may require services relating to criminal justice, including: criminal defense, expungement and vacating of previous charges and convictions, and asserting victims rights in the context of a criminal case.

Criminal Defense

Expungement and Vacatur

Crime Victims’ Rights


Trafficking survivors and crime victims may be eligible for special non-immigrant T and U visas, so it is important to meet with an attorney who knows about these specific forms of immigration relief. Immigration services may include temporary legal status, permanent legal status, family reunification (T and U visas for eligible family members), work authorization, representation in removal proceedings,  VAWA self-petitions, I-751 Removal of Condition on Residence, and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS).